Friday, September 5, 2014

Here we go.



Let's try a new attempt at blogging.  This time I'll blog my daily craftiness.  Perchance someone will actually find this blog.   Right now I am making custom wood letters for the boy's bedroom door.  I've started with Daniel's as he had definite ideas as to what he wanted.

I got a chipboard letter "D" at Hobby Lobby for all of four dollars.  I spray painted it green as that's Daniel's favorite color, then backed it with green felt so it won't scratch the door



Then off I went to the massive bin of Legos.  I just grabbed handfuls then fired up the old hot glue gun and started putting them on in random order.  I started in a corner but I knew the general place where some of the pieces would go.  That's where I am now, about 75% finished.


I plan of finishing off the letter then spraying some kind of non-yellowing varnish on it.






No comments:

Post a Comment